TOPIC: Penalty clauses about residence permit

Bookmark and Share

Penalty clauses about residence permit 8 years 7 months ago #10983

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
Hi there!

I guess it's time to share all good/bad(mostly) experiences about this subjet, huh?
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Penalty clauses about residence permit 8 years 7 months ago #10987

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
:) You read my mind huh?

PARTS 1 & 2 of my residents permit renewal "adventure" is below, hopefully others will take heed!

My 3 year Residents Permit (RP) was coming to an end so I went to renew, easy huh?! Yeah, well, this is Turkey.

PART 1.

* Go to Yabanci Polis with all documents required to renew Visa for another 3 years, there at 8am, ticket number 1 yippee!

* Forget that your RP has you down as married when you got divorced over 2 years ago! (OK, I know you SHOULD inform then within 14 days of the divorce but it was all I could do to eat 3 meals a day for weeks after my divorce but hey, suppose its no big deal for some people then life just gets in the way and I forgot, so yes, a mistake and mea culpa). Polis need Divorce papers.

* Fair enough but no copies in my place after so long so track down original solictor, wait days for copies from courts, PAY!

Start to relax thinking you have everything you need for the application to proceed (2nd mistake!)

PART 2.

* Turn up at Polis at 8am, ticket number 1, yippee again!

* Hand over Divorce papers, get 2 payment slips, 1 for visa payment (324TL - 3 Years and 359TL, fine for not telling them I got divorced).

* Find out that they actually CANCEL your residents Permit without any warning at all if you dont tell them you got divorced as it seems the Nufus (population) office and the Yabanci Polis are the only ones that are actually linked with each others computers! Good job I didnt try and leave the country or Id have just been deprted and would have had no idea why! This also happens if you dont tell them about change of address but they cant tell beforehand so they retrospectively cancel it and fine you! SO Ive been effectively illegal for ages despite having no idea.

* Off to payment queue, WAIT for 1 hour; only 4 people from the desk then "System is broken" man comes out shrugging shoulders singing the Turkish National Anthem "Its not my fault, nothing I can do" (Sung to the tune of "Im too sexy").

* Off to Ziraat Bank where it is assured you can pay the bills there.

* WAIT

* No you cant! You can pay every OTHER kind of bill but NOT RP renewals....

* Off to Tax office to pay.

* PARK

* WAIT

* Fill out more forms, get forms back, take 1 step to the right and hand it to the guy sitting exactly 50cm from the one who just handed it to you telling you to take it to the next guy!!!!!

* Eventually Pay bills get reciept

* Back to Yabanci Polis.

* Wade through hundreds (almost) of writhing frustrated bodies to beg the guy you saw originally to take the receipt as you don't want to wait 3 more hours just to hand it to him!

* Get told that there is one more fine that is an overstay fine of 156TL but isn't "approved" yet so they will call next week when you're new fine is officially "approved" THEN the application can be submitted! How did they come up with 156TL, surely someone decided that figure, surely THAT'S APPROVED!

So I'm really looking forward to Part 3, they'll probably have to add Murder charge/fine or two by then!

Oh and Serap is awesome, wonderful and all round good egg for helping me through and keeping what little remains of my sanity :kiss:
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Steve

Re: Penalty clauses about residence permit 8 years 7 months ago #10989

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
Mack wrote:
:)
* Off to payment queue, WAIT for 1 hour; only 4 people from the desk then "System is broken" man comes out shrugging shoulders singing the Turkish National Anthem "Its not my fault, nothing I can do" (Sung to the tune of "Im too sexy").

Sorry Mack but sooooo Funny I pissed myself laughing :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Re: Penalty clauses about residence permit 8 years 7 months ago #10994

• Clarecg
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 252
Oh Mack what a day but sooooooooooooo sorry it did make me chuckle after our recent experiences with the Zabita :laugh:

Loved the I'm too sexy........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Clarecg. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Re: Penalty clauses about residence permit 8 years 7 months ago #11003

• Matrix
  • Hoca
  • Thank you received: 10
OMG Mack but on a possitive note lucky the prices dropped so fines should have too..I got all that shit to do in september if i stay lol..Are they upto date with the rules there as things seems to keep changing.::huh:

Re: Penalty clauses about residence permit 8 years 7 months ago #11004

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Rules? Have they ever had Rules? If theres "orders" that change overnight, sometimes drastically (witness the vistors visa fiasco) and seem to go in no logical direction at all, can they be called rules? Theyve got them :)

Good luck in Sep!
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds