Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Bus routes totally reorganised

Bookmark and Share

Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 5 months ago #11872

• theresa
  • People Person
  • Thank you received: 62
After studying-yes, studying-the map of the new bus routes, it turns out that instead of 4 buses to do the school run, I'm now only left with one
Any idea what's happened to that nice airport bus-202-as I can't find that one listed and the map only goes as far as Koçtaş on the airport road. All very mysterious
Plus I can't make head nor tail of the new pricing system on the posters at the bus stops. After many days of deliberation, I'm assuming it just means that prices vary according to how the bus is colour coded. Or not?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 5 months ago #11886

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
They have begun the new routes as of today (20-08-11) and it is absolute KAOS.If your in a rush then CAB it unless you have all the time in the world and want a daily tour of Antalya to get to your destination.
Nobody can work out the mapping system (routes) or the times and how much they are going to pay.Dont you just love organized kaos :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 5 months ago #11888

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Do you know if theyve updated the website with the new routes? - www.antalyacentral.com/dolmus-routes-timetable.html

(he asked knowing full well what the answer would be :blink: )
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 5 months ago #11889

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
Mack wrote:
(he asked knowing full well what the answer would be :blink: )

But you had to ask for the sake of the members on the site :whistle:

The answer we all know very well----> NO :sick:

HAHAHA Just talked to a few drivers that are on route from in front of the shop and EVEN THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING :huh:

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 5 months ago #11890

• theresa
  • People Person
  • Thank you received: 62
Well I ended up having to deal with it today and yep-complicated
Turns out the new pricing system -wait for it-means that if you have to change buses/bus and tram it to get somewhere and do so within 45 mins then you only pay for one trip. Hilarious!:P Trouble was people were still being being charged for two trips today.
The airport bus is still running but it's marked on that fancy map. It's now the "600" and it's route has changed apparently. The price is apparently still the same. This topic is a great excuse to overuse "apparently"
For me there are two pluses: Dolmüş Cad is now every, very quiet as there are only 2 dolmuşes along that route now (which I will no doubt regret as soon as I need a dolmuş) and I counted 4 buses in 15 mins going near my son's nursery (no, I'm not a secret bus inspector: it was hot and the kid wanted to rest!)
Good luck everyone!

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 5 months ago #11893

• TAFKAM
  • Thank you received: 12
The new transport system in Antalya really is a work of incredible organisation..ifit was organised by a three year old that is!

As for the new card..

Three months ago I queued in centrum for over an hour to get a new A-Kart and pid for the priviledge!!

Then realised I didn't actually need one after all and could continue to use cash!

On my return from the UK last week was informed definately I would need to put some credit on my card , as they 100% would not accept cash.

Of I go to the nearest place to add credit to my bus card - of course nowhere near where I live,oonly to be told that because I had not used my card for a set periodit wasnow inactive and to re-activate it I needed to go to the Tramway in Doğu Garaj..so of course not being able to take the bus as they didn't take money..I took a taxi,and queued for 30 mins, only to be told " No we don't activate cards here you need to go to a place about 100 metres away".

Off I go, and had to queue again for 40 minutes to finally get my card activated and put 50 Lira credit on my card!

Then thought " great now I have a card I can take a dolmüş home"...only to find that STILL the dolmuş is taking MONEY

Just about the most incredible mis-management I have seen for a long time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds