Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Bus routes totally reorganised

Bookmark and Share

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 4 months ago #12397

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Yeah, bad choice of word but Ive got a few that would certainly offend the guy who did sign off on the new "system".

It seems with a load of these projects that the plans (such as they are) go to a financial boardroom where they can work out how much they'll earn and the best way to get the most possible money, then when the next boardroom to sign off the project should be a logistics or planning committee the project goes straight on to the street after the finance committee and we end up with something poorly thought out, doesn't work but has brought someone somewhere a nice lira bonus!

When I first came to Antalya, Menderes Turel was the Mayor and depsite being very against his political party(i) I wish he'd come back and sort the place out, he may have run up a debt for Antalya but things were moving forward, there were some hair brained schemes but the ONLY schemes now seem to be hair brained!
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , tanju

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 4 months ago #12399

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
Totally agree Mack,this bus fiasco has put the final nail in the coffin for Akaydın and next year he hasn't got a chance in the elections.Menderes Türel won't be back because he is now a minister in parliament but it doesn't matter because as much as I hate to say it,who ever AKP puts up for the election is going to win.

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 4 months ago #12401

• Niko
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 218
tanju wrote:
Due to my own stupidness of locking my car keys in the baggage compartment of the car I had to use public transport from Yeni hal kavşağı to Gürsu to get the spare key and back again.To my surprise the round trip only took 1.5 hours with 1 dolmuş there and 1 back.This round trip with the old system used to take at least 3 hours,so if you know how to use the new system it has got it's advantages :)

I was just about to stick my head above the parapet and try to defend the new system a little bit... this is a good example of one improvement.....

ok definitely the new system has some big problems......
but some of the logic seems sound...

you get 45 minutes so if you need to take two buses to get somewhere you don't have to pay twice.... (good I think)
or even better you can use the tramway and a bus which could well be quicker than two buses.....

also this opens the way to maybe streamline some routes...
looks from the map that getting across the city should be quicker and if you want to go to somewhere away from the main route you get on a little sub loop.....
( so now maybe hopefully a bus from lara to konya alti doesn't have to wind all the way through meltem for example....)

so I think once people get to know how to use it it will be better....

but ok the way is was or wasn't explained is pretty bad... and it has already changed ... which is a nightmare..

also now....
you don't need to go through the whole process of giving your passport number etc. to get a card to use bus and tramway.... just get a 5TL one from a bus driver or a tramway stop.... I did this yesterday.. just gavce my 5TL and got my card 10 seconds

These cards work the same as the old ones... each trip still costs 1.70 I think..
but you can add money to these cards... I've just added 10TL to mine and I got a receipt and everythng :)

(I think maybe if you got one of these 5TL cards it looked like you only got 2 trips so they cost 2.50 each.... but I think how it must have worked is.... one trip costs 1.70... so % take 1.70 and again 1.70 leaves you 1.60 not enough to do another journey..... so it looks liek it is only two trips)

anyway ready to be hammered.... and to be honest I use my bicycle most of the time anyway.... but I'd say give it a chance to work.....
Ok haven't tested it out fully yet but.....

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 4 months ago #12403

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Ive heard from quite a few sources though that the routes on the maps are useless now as the bus drivers have decided their own routes more or less, like you I dont use the public transport too much but the general concensus seems to be that its not an improvement?

I love that card system too, leaving you 10 kurus short of a third trip, so all those cards with 1.60 on that may get lost, thrown away, not topped up etc, enough of them and thats a profitable little "scam" right there and one that is obviously done by design, mustve been the finance committee that one :)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 4 months ago #12405

• theresa
  • People Person
  • Thank you received: 62
Those 5tl cards really annoy me. Even though I can in theory top up my bus card at Kale Kapisi, there's generally a long queue which entails waiting at least 15 mins (after walking there). So a couple of times I've had to buy a 5 tl card on the bus which means the bus company is making 1.60 each time (your post has just popped up while I'm typing Mack and yes I have a nice collection)
Plus a friend paid for a 5tl card on the bus with 10 tl and was given two cards back, not change, and later discovered one card had been used already. Shock horror
Some bus drivers just take 2 tl or even 1.70tl in cash (but swipe their own card, maybe because they know everyone is watching)
Interestingly the buses being so full means that we women-especially with kids-get to see that chivalry is alive and well with guys giving up their seats for us; oddly it's the younger ones, sometimes extremely trendy even
Next time round, they should employ my son to sort it for them. He's not quite 5 but he's already got the right idea, albeit for trains. It took him two days to work that track out on his own ( yes, urban planner man, your ears should be burning) Give him a few years and he'll be ready
In in our area that map is obselete. Someone mentioned kids being able to play outside now but we've gone from dolmuşes to big buses going up our road. End of rant!

Re: Bus routes totally reorganised 8 years 4 months ago #12406

• mekotech
  • Social Climber
  • Thank you received: 10
as far as i know you can also recharge your 5 tl cards..
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds