Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Best bank for foreigners

Bookmark and Share

Best bank for foreigners 8 years 5 months ago #11959

• KaliWho
I know this is a newbie question and perhaps I should be shot for it :dry:
But I'm trying to decide on the best bank for my foreign person. Should I go with HSBC or ING, or perhaps GARANTI? Or perhaps my mattress? Hmmm....

Where is everyone banking??
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by KaliWho. Reason: durr
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best bank for foreigners 8 years 5 months ago #11961

• Roger
  • People Person
  • Thank you received: 130
Have always had great service from Garanti as well as a great interest rate for savings. Have a contact in Balbey branch if you are interested.

Re: Best bank for foreigners 8 years 5 months ago #11962

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Ive always used Finansbank and found them to be pretty much A1, good online banking in English, most branches have English speakers, I have my Personal and Business accounts with the and would highly recommend them and not that it matters to someone as poor as me but apparently (I have been told, no independent research done) because the majority shareholders of Finansbank are European the bank is the only one in Turkey covered by the European bank guarantee structure not the Turkish guarantee structure, so if all goes totally tits up with the economy here your account cant be looted, frozen or whatever they do when it hits the fan, its a little better maybe?
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re: Best bank for foreigners 8 years 5 months ago #11968

• Roger
  • People Person
  • Thank you received: 130
A couple of other thoughts. If you have savings you want to invest then it is worth doing the rounds as rates can vary by as much as three percent between banks. You will also find that there are a variety of rates depending on the time you leave it in. I find that the 31-90 day one is better than the 1-30 day one as far as rate is concerned and you only need to put it in for 31 days to get the better rate. Alhough it is easy to keep check on because internet banking is so much easier than in some UK banks, the luxury of a real human bank advisor instead of a voice in Mumbai means you can leave it to them to do!

Re: Best bank for foreigners 8 years 5 months ago #11971

• andytdn
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 225
Hi Folks
I use 3 banks, Bankasya, İŞBank and Yapıkredi and I find that all of them are ok. As Roger says you have to shop around and find a bank that suits your needs.

Take care Andy
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds