Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: dolmus ?

Bookmark and Share

Re: dolmus ? 8 years 4 months ago #12245

• Mike07
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 426
OH GOD! do not get me started again on this fiasco!

All I will say is three things

1. The maps on the bus stops are all now obselete and useless just 6 weeks after being implimented!!

2. The bus routes change everyday according to what they see as the most profitable route !

3. The card system is excellent because half the time the machines on the buses don't work so the driver has no choice but to let you on for nothing!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Re: dolmus ? 8 years 4 months ago #12246

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Steve wrote:
Mack wrote:
I wish Antalya would just give up on the cards idea, how many failures do there have to be before they realise a cashless public transport system in a tourist resort needs much better organisation than is possible here?
I agree entirely, it also takes away from the experience! ;)
No more is the driver pulling away, changing lanes, overtaking and undertaking while juggling fares and change! :ohmy:
He only has to concentrate on drinking his tea and eating his simit now :whistle:

:laugh: Whilst on the phone calling his mate Mehmet to see what his new route should be coz no-one can decipher the new maps....
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Steve

Re: dolmus ? 8 years 4 months ago #12254

• Frans3011
  • Sultan
  • Have fun ! Every day !!!
  • Thank you received: 425
thanks for the info, :)

DOLMUS,always in for a nice discussion ! :lol:

Re: dolmus ? 8 years 4 months ago #12265

• theresa
  • People Person
  • Thank you received: 62
There was a demo protesting the changes last week. I think 25,000 people turned out (I wasn't there as I couldn't get on a bus...)
www.haberler.com/belediyeye-kizan-vatand...atti-2993397-haberi/
But the positive sides are:
1)yes, when you can get on a bus (rather than see 3 whizz by and not stop because they are too full), you quite often don't have to pay because either the computer system is down or you had to squeeze on at the back of the bus and you can't reach the driver to pay anyway
2) I've given up trying to get the kid on a bus in the morning as they are so full it's dangerous-when they stop-so I'm walking everywhere and have lost some weight:)

Re: dolmus ? 8 years 4 months ago #12266

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
The protest in the article seems to be about road narrowing but I cant imagine 25k turning out coz a road is a few meters narrower!

Anyway, it still seems a complete mess, I count myself very lucky I don't have to rely on public transport and offer huge sympathies to those that do (as my other half does have to rely on public transport and I get a very graphic account of the botched system on a daily basis :) ).

Perhaps its all a subtle drive to get people on bikes or walking anyway? :whistle:
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re: dolmus ? 8 years 4 months ago #12267

• andytdn
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 225
Hi Folks
As I have allready said in another thread, I have gone from one Dolmuş to get to work to one Dolmuş and two buses.

Take care Andy
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds