Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC: Art Supplies in Antalya

Bookmark and Share

Art Supplies in Antalya 10 years 11 months ago #1350

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Does anyone know where I can get oil paints, brushes and big canvases to buy in Antalya? Stationers or Art Supplies shops?
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Art Supplies in Antalya 10 years 11 months ago #1351

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
Hi Mack,
As a downtown resident, probably I'll give you the tips again (as usual:) )
If you know the place of Antalya Governorship building, just all around of it, there are stationaries which r selling all you wanted, painting materials etc. There's especially one, behind the new fountains. Most of the fine arts students are buying their materials from there. OR other options are Koçtaş or Tekzen.
Hope you can find what u r looking for.

Dear AE friends! For any tips, AE downtown help desk is in charge here :)
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Aysun.

Re:Art Supplies in Antalya 10 years 11 months ago #1353

• Murkey
  • Caycı
Thank you Downtown Helpdesk :) If I can navigate around the endless diversions and roadworks Ill get there ASAP, thanks once again for your invaluable knowledge.

Re:Art Supplies in Antalya 10 years 11 months ago #1355

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
sorry mate:( unfortunatelly it's not possible to give an exact road description here nowadays. I'm making also "compulsory" long city tours sometimes :) just try to enjoy it:)
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Aysun.

Re:Art Supplies in Antalya 10 years 11 months ago #1356

• white husky
I also wondered where to buy artists brushes in Antalya. Its not easy to find things in Turkish cities. Its not like in Europe where you can wander down a few streets in the centre of town and find pretty much everything you may need. Here things tend to have their own neighbourhoods, where you need to go..because they are all concentrated in one place. Like in Istanbul I needed a watch..I couldnt find a watch shop anywhere.....( This was before the rise of western shopping malls). Then someone told me I needed to go to karaköy..so off I went and found 7 or 8 streets full of watch sellers. Shop after shop after shop of watch and clock sellers. But Id looked all over in Taksim, in Beyoğlu and Nişantaşı and Teşvikiye....nothing. If you need a lamp..you have to go to Şişhane...hundreds of light shops...but none anywhere else....so if you dont know where to go get these things I guess you have to live in the dark..and learn to tell the time from the sun.
Can anyone tell me where to buy shoelaces in Antalya????!! Turkish shoe shops dont sell shoelaces for some strange reason..and in Istanbul I used to buy them from the street shoe shiners....but here? Ok I know those street hawkers in Doğu garage may sell such things, but I rarely ever go there..so????

Re:Art Supplies in Antalya 10 years 11 months ago #1357

• Murkey
  • Caycı
You should get a lovely pair of Crocs WH then no need for shoelaces :)

Just makes you want to go straight out and buy a pair huh? (is there worse footwear ever in history?)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds