Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do we all need a Kimlik number?

Bookmark and Share

Do we all need a Kimlik number? 11 years 1 month ago #310

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Ive been reading a lot about foreigners who are being requested for Kimlik (National ID) numbers before being able to carry out official procedures now, does anyone have any more information about whether we need to get a Kimlik number and how to go about doing so? Thanks.
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Do we all need a Kimlik number? 11 years 1 month ago #312

• Mickey
Mack, not to sure about needed a kimlik before i took residency I used the number on my "little blue book" (forgot the name of it now.

However, when I applied for residency during the procedure, I was given a number early ın the procedure, and that number ended up being my full kimlik number.

Who is it that is asking for a kimlik number?

By the way , anyone wanting any information about obtaining residency then please feel free to ask me..

Re:Do we all need a Kimlik number? 11 years 1 month ago #313

• Murkey
  • Caycı
Apparently this isnt the residents visa number but a full proper ID like the Turks have, this is supposedly a new law that all residents must have this number there are stories about recent property transactions thats needed this number, I think its all to do with this whole money laundering law thats coming into effect to link foreigners not just by their passport and visa numbers but by a Turkish Kimlik number as well, maybe your visa number gets "registered" as your kimlik number? Not too sure about the ID procedures.

Going to get in touch with the bank (when theyre open after Bayram) and see what the score is with them. I dont hink its urgent unless youre doing something that requires it then you need to get registered with some department or other, just wondered if anyone had encountered this yet.
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Murkey.

Re:Do we all need a Kimlik number? 11 years 1 month ago #314

• Mickey
Mack - Another good port of call could be the "vantandas" office in 100 Yil. This is where the kimlik is processed and where for a foreigner you have to apply when you start residency procedures.

Re:Do we all need a Kimlik number? 11 years 1 month ago #315

• apollo
The need for an ID number has been talked about on other forums for a few days now.

It appears that foreigners will soon need a Personal ID No. to enable them to make major purchases, like cars, houses etc in Turkey.

A Foreigner's Personal ID No or Yabanci Kimlik Numara can easily be obtained online if you have a Residence Permit.

Go to the following website.

tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/Web/ForeignQueryIdentityNumber.aspx

On the left-hand side of the page at

Resim Dogrulama: Enter the security number showing on the right

Dogum Yili: Enter your year of birth

ikamet Tezkere No: Enter your Residence Permit Number

(This is on page 1 of your booklet and takes the form of XX/XXXXX or similar. It's NOT the number printed in red at the foot of each page of your booklet )

Click the blue "Yabanci Kimlik No Sorgula" button.

If you have entered the details correctly a small screen will pop-up at the bottom of the page with your details on it and a number.

If you then click the blue "Yazdir" button it'll print the details in the form of an A5 certificate.

I had to have one a month or two ago for business purposes. You can only get them on line and it as easy as the above procedure says.

Re:Do we all need a Kimlik number? 11 years 1 month ago #316

• Murkey
  • Caycı
Thank you Apollo, thats great, an Emlak friend told me yesterday that he had to find these numbers for his customers and did I know anything about them.

Cant believe that its so easy, got to be a first for Turkey, an official procedure thats easy (and online!) think Im going to faint :side:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds