ar en de ru tr
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC: turkish citizenship

Bookmark and Share

turkish citizenship 9 years 9 months ago #5567

I applied for Turkish citizenship in October 2009 at Antalya Nufus Mudurlugu. I was told that would be a committee in which I will be participating together with my husband. Today I received a letter in which they announce me the date of the commission this date is April 8, 2010 and today is April 10, 2010 :angry: .
What could I do?
It has happened that to someone?
Does anyone know how many times a month or a year this commission gathers?
Please help me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:turkish citizenship 9 years 9 months ago #5569

• Mickey
Hi - firstly the sounds really bad luck:(. When I went to the committee, I was given at least two weeks notice in advance. Of course, the best bet is to get on to them rightaway and explain the situation. The committees as far as I know are held twice a year in Antalya, maybe more for bigger cities.

Re:turkish citizenship 9 years 9 months ago #5574

hi

ohh :angry: i live in antalya
i will go monday to ask
now i want to kill all the employees of the guluk post office :angry: :angry: :angry:

Re:turkish citizenship 9 years 9 months ago #5575

• Mickey
" now i want to kill all the employees of the guluk post office"

Join the queue :)

Re:turkish citizenship 9 years 9 months ago #5576

• andytdn
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 225
Hi
Like Mickey, when I appied they ave me 2 weeks notice to the date of my interview. From the start of my application to getting my kimlik card it took 3 months. When I got mine I didnt need to speak Turkish but I was told today by my friend Don that the rules have changed and now you have to be able to speak Turkish.

Take care Andy

Re:turkish citizenship 9 years 9 months ago #5598

• ceydayg
Hi Laleözler,

Sorry to hear what happened. It just reminded me what I had to go trough in the UK when I applied for my work permit. They held my passport in one year! Could not work legally and could not travel to visit my family for a year. It was a very stressful time for me.

Here my advice to you.

It is because you missed the date of the interview, they will treat your file as you did not attend the interview without a reason. You need to go there first thing on Monday. According to the Turkish Citizenship Code, Clause 39 the officials are obliged to give you any info as to the application you requested. Further, YOU HAVE TO WRİTE A FORMAL LETTER, explaining the reason why you could not attend the interview. If the letter you received has a barcode on it, write the barcode number and get a print out from PTT web site. That would show the date you received the letter. Also state that THİS İS AN ADMİNİSTİRATİVE MİSTAKE ERONEOUSLY (SEHVEN İDARİ HATA) AND REQUEST RE-SCHEDULED OF THE İNTERVİW.

The last thing and the most importantly ONCE YOU HAND İN YOUR FORMAL LETTER, DO GET THE REGİSTRATİON NUMBER AND THE DATE OF YOUR LETTER İF YOU CANNOT GET A FOTOCOPY OF YOUR LETTER WİTH THE REGSİTARATİON NUMBER ON İT. If you have any problem, give me a call. 0537 256 40 77

Also guys,

MY GENERAL ADVİCE TO YOU AS AN ATTORNEY AND A FRİEND:

ALWAYS AND ALWAYS DO İT İN WRİTTİNG! You cannot imagine how much trouble it may save you from in the future. Not only for this kind of things but for other things too such as lending money or leasing out your property or even when you pay to your landlord for rent, get him sing a paper that he received THE RENT. (Did you know that if you have a written contract between you and your landlord and if he takes you to the court alleging that you did not pay some of the rents, the court rules in favor of landlord in case of any written proof of you have paid the rent !!!! and the landlord who knows this actually make a business out it!!!) or if you canceled your credit card with a bank, request a document(İBRA-acquittal) stated by bank that you do not owe any money to them as to the canceled credit card so that like 5 years later you would save yourself from facing İCRA for 1 KURUŞ (DEBT COLLECTİON ACTİON)

DO NOT SİNG ANYTHİNG BUT ANYTHİNG OF WHİCH YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE LEGAL İMPLİCATİONS. Not only expats but even native speakers of Turkish people sing things or do not sign (to secure their legal position in the future) and then struggle with significant legal problems. “Protective Function of Law” is ignored by people. People mostly get a legal assistance when the issue arises and end up paying court fees and high lawyer fees for the lawsuits and go through years of lawsuits however, if the legal advice is sought at the beginning which is less-costly, all these would be avoid!!
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by ceydayg.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds