Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Private Health Insurance

Bookmark and Share

Private Health Insurance 9 years 9 months ago #5644

• ptabor
  • Social Climber
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks to everyone for the entertaining and informative info on the site!

My inquiry is regarding health insurance for foreigners. I had health insurance in Istanbul while I was working for a private language school (even though no work permit). Since moving to Antalya and not working regularly I am having to dole out lira for kidney stone here, doctor visit there. I have health insurance in USA with high deductible and limited coverage overseas. I know about "Travellers Insurance". My bank, Garanti, states on website they offer foreign health insurance. However, persistant questioning there only gets me confused looks and promises of finding out and calling me.The out of pocket costs for private medical care here is not cheap.
My boyfriend has work permit and SSK.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Private Health Insurance 9 years 9 months ago #5651

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Hi ptabor,

Do you have a residency permit? If so I think I am right in saying you can apply for Bag Kur (sorry, UK keyboard :) ) state insurance.

It was compulsory for me to get as a business owner but I think its been extended so any foreigner with a residency permit can get state health insurance.

Payment varies but is around 220-270TL per month and as far as I can gather this gives you the same healthcare benefits as all citizens and also a pension!

Not sure about private insurances, hopefully someone else can fill you in on that but perhaps a visit to the Bag Kur office (near the old Devlet Hospital) would shed some more light?
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Murkey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds