TOPIC: Hospitals

Bookmark and Share

Hospitals 9 years 9 months ago #5683

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
Hi there! :)

Here we can share the info about Antalya hospitals and our experiences too.

:thanks
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hospitals 9 years 9 months ago #5684

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
Here are the first ones from me:

Antalya Egitim ve Arastirma Hastanesi (State Hospital-1)

www.antalyaeah.gov.tr

Antalya Ataturk Devlet Hastanesi (State Hospita-2)

www.aadh.gov.tr

Akdeniz University Hospital (State Hospital-3)

www.hastane.akdeniz.edu.tr

These three are the biggest hospitals but there are also "Semt Poliklinikleri" Small sort of hospitals for every region.

If you are insured by government, means if you have SSK or Bag-Kur then you dont need to pay money.
Otherwise you should pay 15,5TL for doctor check.
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com

Re:Hospitals 9 years 9 months ago #5688

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Thanks for the info Aysun and another good idea :)

Ive used the private ANADOLU HOSPITAL a few times before and always found them very professional with a good multi lingual staff (on the whole, Ingrid is a great help :) ).

Also on the Konyaalti side, Meditalya Hospital (sorry, couldnt find a website link, note to self: mention it to 'em next visit!), they are also good but hard to find anyone who speaks English and sometimes the waiting is more painful than the reson you went in but otherwise recommended :)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re:Hospitals 9 years 9 months ago #5717

• ptabor
  • Social Climber
  • Thank you received: 13
I have been visiting various hospitals with a private language school in Antalya to promote a Medical English program. Medical Tourism is being promoted in Turkey but has yet to take off especially in Antalya. None of the hospitals would commit to the program for a variety of reasons. One General Manager said that Turkish medical care is not yet regarded as the high standard quality care that tourists may want. Several facilities have passed international quality assurance tests though.

Hospital web sites are impressive for appearance sake and the latest technology seems to be present. There are still some fundamental issues with processes that are alarming to me though. Communication and infection control.

I have been in five medical facilities in Antayla. I worked in health care in America for 30 years. Our system is screwed for a variety of reasons, but there are some basics that we all want. A caregiver that can communicate in English and handwashing and gloves. An-Deva was the only group that wore gloves for lab draws. Lab techs move from one patient to the other without washing their hands. Most doctors can speak some English and usually some one else is there to translate if it during normal working hours.This means that as a patient you are left in the dark as to what is going on and what to expect. The prices at private hospitals sometimes rival costs in America so I hope that the facilities will evolve to some better practices for all concerned and to gain some of the Medical Tourism capital.

Re:Hospitals 9 years 9 months ago #5718

• Mickey
ptabor wrote:
I have been visiting various hospitals with a private language school in Antalya to promote a Medical English program. Medical Tourism is being promoted in Turkey but has yet to take off especially in Antalya. None of the hospitals would commit to the program for a variety of reasons. One General Manager said that Turkish medical care is not yet regarded as the high standard quality care that tourists may want. Several facilities have passed international quality assurance tests though.

Hospital web sites are impressive for appearance sake and the latest technology seems to be present. There are still some fundamental issues with processes that are alarming to me though. Communication and infection control.

I have been in five medical facilities in Antayla. I worked in health care in America for 30 years. Our system is screwed for a variety of reasons, but there are some basics that we all want. A caregiver that can communicate in English and handwashing and gloves. An-Deva was the only group that wore gloves for lab draws. Lab techs move from one patient to the other without washing their hands. Most doctors can speak some English and usually some one else is there to translate if it during normal working hours.This means that as a patient you are left in the dark as to what is going on and what to expect. The prices at private hospitals sometimes rival costs in America so I hope that the facilities will evolve to some better practices for all concerned and to gain some of the Medical Tourism capital.

Thanks for that info ptabor, was very interesting.

I agree, some of the private heath care definately rivals the cost I found when I was in the USA. There seems to be no uniformity with the private hospitals. As Mack said "meditalia" in Gursu, Konyaaltı always seem to be very good and have never had a problem with them at all!

From personal experience I would never go to another poliklinic after being told I had a very bad lung problem - and given a drugs list as long as my arm. When all I needed was my ears syringing!!

Re:Hospitals 9 years 9 months ago #5723

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Thanks ptabor, great post, very useful info.

Where is An-Deva? Do you have a web link or a map? Be handy to know.

Thanks again.
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds