Keyword

TOPIC: Visas - Change of wording

Bookmark and Share

Visas - Change of wording 9 years 7 months ago #6607

• KKW
  • Social Climber
  • Thank you received: 8
The new visa stickers now say:

180 gun icinde 90 gun gecerli muteaddit giris visesidir. Turkiye sinirlarindan ilk giriste sure baslar. calisma hakki vermez

Multiple entry visa valid for an intended stay of no more than 90 days per period 180 days. Duration begins on the date of entry to turkey. holder has no right to work.

It looks like this has been done to thwart the "visa runs" every 90 days. Although, looking on the bright-side, it also means that it's valid for 180 days which is handy for those that leave and return frequently anyway.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by KKW.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Visas - Change of wording 9 years 7 months ago #6608

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Wow! This is HUGE news, thanks KKW

I know they want to try to stop living here without paying the astronomical residence visa costs but as with most things here there seem to be a few problems with this plan but TiT and Im sure things will carry on changing overnight with no thought of the consequences till the complaining drops to an acceptable level and they'll keep it there :)

Couple of companies in Kas gonna be out of business too. Or maybe we should all club together and buy a hotel on Meis island, whatdyareckon? :)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re:Visas - Change of wording 9 years 7 months ago #6612

• Niko
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 218
Wow thanks KKW that is huge news. very useful to know.

I currently have residence permit but my situation may well be about to change so that's really important information.

Re:Visas - Change of wording 9 years 7 months ago #6623

• KKW
  • Social Climber
  • Thank you received: 8
It looks like this could be another case of "lets use up some of those old stickers".

A reliable source in Istanbul has checked with the authorities and they have no knowledge of any recent or impending changes to the visa system.

Re:Visas - Change of wording 9 years 7 months ago #6624

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Mmmm, or maybe they rolled them out too early and some Customs guys got a bit too excited? Or, thinking in conspiratorial terms perhaps it was a deliberate "leak" of a few to warm people up for when they do roll this scheme out "properly"?

Wonder if our legal eagle Ceyda can clarify anything, if you're watching this Ceyda, any input?
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re:Visas - Change of wording 9 years 7 months ago #6625

• Sally
I only came back into Turkey 3 weeks ago and just checked out my sticker. It is the normal version with the old or standard version (nothing about 180 days). Would like to see how they will manage/enforce the process if they do roll out new laws.
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds