ar en de ru tr
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Looking for residence permit service agencies

Bookmark and Share

Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7029

• terracom
I need to sort out my residence permit, but the thought of having to deal with the authorities myself sends my anxiety level through the roof. A friend told me about an agency in Marmaris that, for a fee of 250TL, will take care of everything for you, get your forms sorted, snap your photos, make sure it all gets submitted correctly, and hand you your shiny new permit the next day. She used this service before on two occasions and recommended it. 250 is steep, and I would have to take a bus to Marmaris, but for me it's worth it not to have to sit on the edge of my seat at the police station all day, praying that I've done it correctly and hoping I don't throw up on anyone if they ask me questions.

Unfortunately, when I called this agency, they told me that they can only process applications for people living in the Marmaris area, and that since I have an Antalya address, I would have to find an agency local to me that could file for me in Antalya. They said that yes, these agencies exist everywhere, but no, they didn't happen to have the number of one in my area.

Well, after extensive Googling, I've found similar agencies in Izmir, Ankara, Muğla, Istanbul, Burdur, Bursa... you name it, everywhere except Antalya. I don't know if it's just a case of the Antalya agencies not having a web presence, or maybe I'm using the wrong search terms... I don't know, but it's frustrating.

So if anyone knows the number or e-mail address of a reliable local agency here in Antalya that can help me out, please speak up. Basically I just want what the Marmaris service offers - to give them my money and my passport and let them handle the rest.

Many, many thanks to anyone who can help me out with this!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7030

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Hi Terracom and welcome to AE :)

I know the sort of agencies youre talking about but Im not aware of any in Antalya ss Ive always done the legwork myself but I know its daunting and intimidating sometimes.

Hopefully someone will know of something around, or perhaps get in touch with our resident legal eagle Ceyda, she may know of such agencies or be able to help you out herself?
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7031

• Steve
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 1273
I have to say it was not a daunting task for me, though perhaps a little un-nerving? I found the police at Uncali very helpful and accommodating! The first application I made, took 3-4 hours in total, and I came back 3 days later to pick it up. When I renewed it, the policeman there insisted I should be there in person, so I don't know how an agency would handle things?.
And as for 250ytl?, it only costs 50ytl to get a follow-on person to register a car sale.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7042

• terracom
So I guess the question is, when sorting out my entire living situation, making sure I don't get kicked out of my home, separated from my partner of five years, forced to leave the country I love, made virtually homeless and anchor-less... do I feel that getting that all taken care of in one fell swoop is worth five times the cost of getting a silly car registered?

Well, yes, I most certainly do. Sure, it's not cheap, but if that's what it takes to get someone who's good at these permit things to sort it out for me, then that's what it takes, and I'm sure once I have my lovely permit in my hand the 250TL I spent will be the furthest thought from my mind.

I've been hearing very mixed messages about Uncali. A couple of people have said positive things, like yourself, but then I've also read stories of people who said it was a nightmare, heaving with people, unbearably hot in the office, and that the officers were grumpy and accusatory with their questions. I've heard that the Kemer location is smaller and more relaxed, but I don't know if I'd be allowed to apply there with an Antalya address.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7043

• terracom
Hmmm, well, assuming she's the same Ceyda as the ceydayg.av.tr web site, I already e-mailed her a couple of days ago, but she hasn't written back.

I think the thing I'm most worried about is giving the wrong answers to questions. Like this question about what my purpose is in Turkey - er, living my life? I'm sure that's not the answer they're looking for, and I'd like some guidance on what sort of answers result in permits, versus what sort of answers result in rejected applications.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7044

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
IF youre not a little confident with at least basic Turkish then it can be difficult, dunno bout you Steve but I couldnt find any officials in Uncali that spoke English but saying that many of the other people waiting did speak English and were very kind helped me out no end.

It would certainly help and speed things up by taking a friend who can speak Turkish with you but if the worst comes to the worst terracom then dont be too stressed, asking some others waiting if they speak English and if they could help you with forms and which desks etc will get a good response, theres plenty of people there in the same position as you.

Unfortunately I can see it being very busy soon as the news of the visa changes filters through and foreigners crowd the office so my advice would be to go sooner rather than later, I dont know if any time of day is any less busy than any other, does anyone else know?
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds