ar en de ru tr
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Looking for residence permit service agencies

Bookmark and Share

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7054

• terracom
Come to think of it, I've never heard of a residency being turned down, either, aside from one Moroccan man who didn't get it because Turkey simply won't accept a Moroccan passport for residency. I don't have any unusual issues, no criminal record, I've been living in the same apartment for five years, I've not been working or doing anything that I'd need to worry about them discovering.

I'm looking at our rental agreement now, and it's basically just a typed up paper, nothing special. I'm wondering if our landlord would be so kind as to type one up in my name and tear this other one up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7055

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
I would definitely try to get the rental agreement in your name (or fake the one youve got, photoshop can do wonders :) ) It'll be one less thing to have to explain to them and as they need an "official" address for you I dont think it will be given without proof of where youre living, and I think only a TAPU or rental contract in your name is accepted as proof of address (maybe uitility bills in your name too?)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Murkey.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 6 months ago #7056

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
I think here you can find all the details... It's a good site!

Antalya Police Station
www.antalya.pol.tr

Yabancılar Şubesi (Foreigners Dep.)
www.antalya.pol.tr/index.php?option=com_...le&id=465&Itemid=252

Good luck you all!
:)
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7097

• Niko
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 218
cool good link Ayse.. looks like they have updated it since the last time i looked...

actually I need to go as well soon... but I'm in an odd situation where I have no idea exactly what paperwork I need..
I have apermit BUT I need to both change my address and my marital status from married to divorced(single)

I know changing address is relatively easy and doesn't cost anything... but changing from married to single I haven't found any information....

So if anyone knows anything about that some tips would be good...

And hi terracom hope you get it all sorted I can really understand where you are coming from... (if I could pay 250 to have it all done magically then I would probably consider it even though I've been there a few times now)

I agree that going to the Emniyet is not my first choice for a fun day out. It is boring tiring a bit confusing... there can be the feeling (even with basic Turkish) that you are just sitting there waiting and you have no idea what is happening....

But on the other hand I've never heard of a residence permit being refused. I've never heard of someone being really questioned as to why they want to get the residence permit...

You just tick a box as to why you want to be in Turkey and one of them is basically "cause I like Turkey"
then theat means you need to show xyz paperwork... address and proof of money are the main ones...
It really is just jumping through all the hoops...
and I think as long as the official can tick all the boxes and you give them the fee then job done... everyone happy.

I've found that you do need to be a little bit proactive to just get to the window... but if you are polite and patient with the officials they are generally quite nice (and relatively helpful) to you.
If they ask you to sit and wait then I try to sit somewhere where I can catch their eye or at least hear them... And after a while you do get the feeling that maybe they have forgotten you competely but then they call you up and you wade through the people to the window...

To be honest I don't think their job is all that easy or enjoyable.. Imagine day after day... you see a stream of impatient bored stressed (or slightly panicked) people coming to you who don't really understand what you tell them... The system must be frustrating for them too.

Definitely go to the little window on the right to get a number as soon as you get there. Also yeah earlier the better (everything stops for lunch if you are in the middle of an application or not)
And if you can take someone Turkish with you to help then that does make it a lot less stressful.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7098

• Niko
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 218
one more link for the forms for different purposes

en.antalya.pol.tr/index.php?option=com_c...31&Itemid=39&lang=en

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7131

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
  • Thank you received: 125
I'm in the same boat - need to get my residence permit but I'm scared to death about it. Will probably get Ceyda to help.

The thing that freaks me out is the variability in the so-called rules. Like, officially, you need $500 in the bank for each month you want to stay, but I've heard people say they got away with much less than that, and many of the permit services on the Aegean coast (like the one in Marmaris) even advertise that you can get a 1-year permit with only $2000 in the bank rather than $6000, which is a gigantic difference. If that's the case that the requirements are simply lower on the Aegean side, then it would cost less to go and rent an apartment in Marmaris (for example), get the rental agreement, and get the permit in Marmaris, than it would to try to come up with $6000 here.

Even in this thread, information varies - the links Aysun provided say that you need $500 per month, while the link that Niko provided (which is from the same frickin web site, even) says you only need $200. wtf.

The thing is, no matter what, I'm going to have to scrape some money into my account - I just wish I knew how much to try to get. I'd like to try to get the 5-year permit if I can, and I can probably swing it if they only need to see $10,000. And if I get the $10,000 in there, I definitely want the 5-year permit, not 18 months or whatever. If that means I have to get a cheap-o roach motel apartment in Marmaris and do my permit application from there, that would be much easier and cheaper than trying to find $30,000 for a 5-year permit elsewhere.

My bf, who is Turkish and well-versed in Turkish ways, says if I show up with a balance of $10,000 and the cash for a 5-year permit and a female Turkish translator friend with big boobs and a short skirt, everything will get processed right away for the 5-year permit, no problem. :laugh:
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds