Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Looking for residence permit service agencies

Bookmark and Share

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7136

• Steve
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 1273
He's right but I'm sure you won't need that much in the bank! Probably enough to show a minimum income which is abut 700 ytl per month (if you own your house), and if you live with your boyfriend, I'm sure his income will count.

The other thing you all should be aware of, is that the residents permit, unlike the tourist visa requires your permanent registered address! and for my first application, and subsequent renewal, a police officer turned up at my address just to check all was, as claimed!

I don't think it's a big deal (wish they did that kind of thing in the UK!), but be aware they do check!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7143

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
  • Thank you received: 125
Well, 700TL is not that far off $500... but I don't own a house. I also don't have many monthly expenses.

I was told that I could only count someone else's income if it was my husband or parent, that the Turkish government doesn't consider people who are just living together to be related to each other in any meaningful way.

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7261

• Steve
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 1273
ok, for those that may need it, I was in the foreigners office today reprting my change of address, and saw one of these follow on guys, and got his details.
In the event that the visa postponement comes back into play!

It's not a recommendation, I only picked up his card!, and I have no idea how much he charges. on the basis that a car will cost no more than 50ytl (and there is far more paperwork and running arund to do with a car!) I still think 250ytl is expensive!

Sami Gürel – Your organizer
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
GSM:0542 741 51 09

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7263

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
Well at least it's something! Thank you for that.

I think the point terracom was trying to make about the money is that if you pay someone to sort your car out and for some reason they're incompetent and it all goes wrong... big deal, it's just a car, who cares really. But to sort out your LIFE, to make sure that you don't get deported and forcibly removed from your family situation and home... obviously that's going to be worth a lot more to make sure it goes smoothly.

It's not about how much busywork is involved, it's about the gravity of the consequences of the outcome. A waiter and a doctor might do the same amount of running around in a day, but obviously we'd be willing to pay the doctor much more because of the implications of success or failure in his work, versus the success or failure of the waiter.

In any case, I'll fire off an e-mail to this guy and find out what he charges, what he believes the bank account requirements are, and so forth. I'm thinking maybe it's time just to bite the bullet and get on the resident permit anyway instead of waiting for the government to surprise us again with another of their random whims. Will report back. Thank you Steve!

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7332

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
Okay, I finally managed to get in touch with Mr. Gürel. I had my boyfriend call him so that they could speak Turkish and there would be almost no chance of any misunderstandings.

Turns out... he charges a lot more than the people in Marmaris. A lot more. We're talking multiples of the Marmaris fee. BUT, after hearing what he had to say about the service he provides, I understand why he feels it's worth such a huge amount. I'm not sure that I would pay it, but I understand why people would.

If you want details, PM me - it's all perfectly legal, nothing weird going on at all, but there's some information I think he probably wouldn't want indexed on Google (is there a way to make certain threads members only?)

Re:Looking for residence permit service agencies 9 years 5 months ago #7333

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Thanks for chasing that up Melissa, sounds ominous about the fees though :)

There is a MEMBERS ONLY category (no jacket required :) ) at - www.antalyaexpats.com/Category49/ - and Ive setup a "nofollow" which in non-techie terms means google doesnt index anything in that category so you can make a new thread there with more details if you like?

Thanks again.
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds