Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Translation Services in Antalya?

Bookmark and Share

Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7543

• noysee
  • People Person
Good morning Antalya!

I need to get some documents translated and certified. Does anyone know of somewhere to do this in Antalya, preferably in the Lara area?

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7545

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Hi noysee,

As I understand it, if you need to take those documents to a Noter then you need to use a translator registered at the particular Noter you intend to take it to!

I dont think you can just get a lawyer or official translator to do it then take it anywhere, I assume translation "agencies" only work with one or selected Noter offices.

Most "official" translators Ive ever had to pay a fortune to use speak worse english than most of my Turkish friends, yet another good scam!

So its best to go to the Noter office and get the name(s) and number(s) of their official translators beforehand or they will call them in when youre there.

Good luck.
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7547

• noysee
  • People Person
Thanks Mack,

Interesting that we have no choice but to use the Noter's translator ... but I'm really not surprised that it works like this here. Business = nepotism in Turkey, isn't it :(

Getting our paperwork in order for our marriage in Ankara a couple of years ago was one of the most stressful hells I've ever had to endure. Now we're dealing with immigration paperwork (for my country) and now that I'm a bit more experienced with Turkish bureaucracy, I'm trying to get a little better prepared for Turkish part of the necessary documents.

Do you or anyone else have any recommendations for an efficient (time and money) noter/translator in Lara? Or is one rotten apple the same as another?

Peace

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7548

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Thats odd, coz I found the paperwork a breeze compared to the stressful hell that was my marriage, wierd! :silly:

Hope someone can help you out with a Noter in the clever end of town :)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7549

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
Depends on the documents to be translated and for what use.There are documents that can be translated by sworn translators that dont need to be certified by the noter saving you quite a bit on cash so please be certain if a noter authorization is essential.
If so,like Mack says most noters have translators near by so you won't have to do much running around below is a list of noters in antalya
www.trnoter.com/antalya-noterleri.htm.

As we say in Turkish : Kolay Gelsin:)

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7557

• noysee
  • People Person
First of all, I have to apologise for the appalling grammar in my earlier message... I can't think of a good enough excuse so I'll just blame my baby for distracting me ;)

Mack: hahaha
Tanju: Thanks for that link, I'm sure that list will come in handy for many AE members at some time or other. Tesekkurler, Insallah kolay halederiz.
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds