Keyword

TOPIC: Translation Services in Antalya?

Bookmark and Share

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7559

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
noysee your more than welcome:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7563

• dfantle
Below I have given you the name and phone number of a person who translated my documents so I could get a work permit. When the translation was complete, she walked me over to the Noter's office and we got everything notarized. She is very pleasant and helpful. It's not cheap and I didn't try to negotiate...maybe you can...she is not the "boss"...so not sure she has the power to negotiate. Later, I had her translate a letter and was told by a school official that it was very poorly done, but I think the documents were fine as they are very straight forward. Her name is Ulku Ozturk. GSM: 0535 363 67 85 or at the office: 0242 243 63 86. She is located not far from the clock tower on Ismetpasa Cad.

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7564

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
There used to be a noter with sworn translators next door to them at Doğu garagı just above the florist shop across from the tabacoo sellers.I'm not too sure if they are still there cause they have knocked down and re-vamped alot of the area.I've used them previously for my passport and drivers licence etc.Not cheap but very handy when both are next door to each other (2 birds with one stone).

Re:Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7570

• moonlight
  • Thank you received: 14
Hello,

i can offer our translation services.

you can check our website:

www.babelgrup.com

or phone us: 243 50 69 (office tel)

best regards,

Mehtap.

about Translators/Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7571

• moonlight
  • Thank you received: 14
About the comments for translators

Also as I am a professional translator, I wanted to explain these to the forum:

yes, you have to have an authorised translator/interpreter to save you from fraud. there are many people who says i speak the language and they get your money or house or else and escape. To prevent these, you need a sworn translator for official procedures. Plus, authorised translators have to give their diploma, residence papers, ID to the notaries so that they can sign an official document.

yes, we have some inexperienced translators or greedy bosses that uses people with poor English in translation business, like anywhere else! But it is not nice to generalise (or call all of them a scam!) the whole sector considering one or two bad examples. You can always check your translator's CV or diploma too.

for marriage, it is almost the same procedure in Turkey when you marry a foreigner. we also translate for Turkish people who marry abroad and the papers and procedure is the same more or less.

Kindly submitted.

Re:about Translators/Translation Services in Antalya? 9 years 5 months ago #7572

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Hi Mehtap and thanks for your advice, when I used the word scam it wasnt aimed at the whole industry but I do feel that the current system of each Noter enforcing the use of only their own "approved" translators is open to abuse and unecessary, in most other countries if you get something "officially" translated and "stamped" its accepted in every official capacity, not here, if a translator from a different Noter did it before, you must have it done again (at quite a cost) even if it was the day before you had it done previously, in my opinion that could be seen to be a scam, no the translation itself but the "procedures"!

How are these translators chosen? Like noysee says, can we be sure its not nepotism or favouritism? Why cant there be a centralised official notarisation procedure that is recognised everywhere? It would make a lot more sense, so please, no offence meant in the "scam" comment but I'm sure you'll agree that the way it is set up now there is ample room for the unscrupulous to make extra money and possibly favour certain "translators" who may not be that good?
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Murkey.
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds