Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Variations in residence permit prices

Bookmark and Share

Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7872

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
  • Thank you received: 125
I keep hearing people talking about how residence permits cost a certain amount for UK citizens, but a different amount for other countries. I've heard that if you're from NZ, it's really expensive, if you're from Belgium, it's really cheap, and so forth.

However... on both the Antalya and the Istanbul emniyet sites, it just says that a residence permit costs X amount, full stop, nothing about "unless you're from A, B, or C, in which case the price is Y." There definitely seems to be an implication there that it's a standard price across the board, and I don't see any kind of chart with a list of countries or anything indicating that prices vary from passport to passport.

Also, when I spoke to that Sami Gurel guy a while back, he seemed to think it was a standard price no matter where you were from.

It's certainly possible, though, that I'm just not looking in the right place or asking the right questions.

Does anyone have any official information on this other than hearsay? If possible I'd be interested to see a chart detailing the prices for residence permits based on country of origin.

Unless anyone knows differently, it seems from what I'm reading on official sites that there's now one price for everyone - does anyone have any evidence to the contrary?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7875

Hi everybody,

There are differencies in prices for residence permits depending on nationality.

I am Belgian and paid in januari 126 TL for a 5 year residence permit (renewal).

In June, I helped a Belgian lady for her first residence permit (3 year). She paid around 80 TL + 100 TL for the blue booklet.

My opinion is that these prices are based on mutual agreements between goverments.

Also, for exemple in Belgium, we have lots of Turkish people. Germans pay even less for a residence permit but also in Germany there are even more Turkisch people living.

By my knowledge UK and Dutch nationals pay the same prices.

Regards,

Wim

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7876

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
So where can we find a list of these price differences? Because the official emniyet site lists one price, and I'd like to see what the differences are.

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7880

• Annelies
Hi,

The Dutch pay much, much more!

approx 1200 TL (incl booklet) for 1 year.

Can I become Belgian, please?

:)

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7887

Hi Annelies,

Is that a (fake)marriage proposal?? :P

I know we are lucky for that matter. A Dutch friend living in Alanya asked me that question some time ago:

"If I marry a Belgian, do I get automatically the Belgian nationality?"

It could be easier to get the Turkish nationality I think ;-)

@Melsissa: I do not know where you can find a list. At the other hand, how can a list help you as people cannot choose, neither change their nationality? Or is it just curiousity to see who are the lucky ones?

Enjoy Turkey all of you.

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7904

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
I just want to see where they have the official list, as it seems to me that on the emniyet sites they are trying to convince everyone that all nationalities have to pay the same high price. When I go to get my residence permit, I want to know ahead of time how much I should be asked to pay, so that if they ask me to pay more, I can argue with them that it shouldn't be that much for everyone.

In other words, I suspect they're trying to trick people into thinking it's all one price, and if they're not, then where's the list of different prices? Because I don't see it anywhere.
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds