Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Variations in residence permit prices

Bookmark and Share

Re: Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7987

To my dear "British" friends,

For your information only.

Steve mentioned here that it is very difficult for Turkish people to get a Visa for the UK even for European citizens the borders are not open.

Here a story:

This year I traveled by car trough the Chunnel to the UK together with my brother.

Before entering the train we got pulled over by British police/customs.

As Belgians (EU members)it should not be a problem. I have traveled to more then 20 countries inside and outside the EU, no questions asked.

I have never been treated like this in my life at any border. We were questioned by the official, almost like criminals.

You have a beautyfull country but the way you treat people at oyur borders (EU citizens) goes beyond imagination ! I will never go to the UK again if it is not really necessary.

After that, I drove by car with a boat on a trailer to Turkey. We passed 11 borders ! No problem at all, not even at the Turkish border.

So it is more difficult for 2 european citizens to enter the UK by car then to pass 11 country borders (amongst eastern european countries)with a car, trailer and boat !

So, if the price for your residence permit is expensive, think again ;-)

Regards to all "British" friends enjoying Turkey.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7989

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
:) I think you'll find thats why most of us chose to leave a long time ago :) They must've taken down the "WARNING: YOU ARE NOW ENTERING A POLICE STATE, YOU WILL BE TREATED AS A CRIMINAL EVERYWHERE YOU GO HERE SO PLEASE LEAVE ALL LIBERTIES AND FREEDOMS AT THE DOOR" signs at the border then :)

Of course the borders aren't easily opened to anyone legitimately trying to get in or take a holiday, thats just silly, theyre the easy targets to harass and tax so thats whats done, cant expect the limited UK police resources to be wasted on real criminals, the figures wouldn't look good at the end of the end of year, its way too much work.

I wont go back there either, theres much nicer places to go sailing :)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re: Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7990

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
PS: I still the residents visa here is stupidly expensive seeing as you get NO benefits from it whatsoever, oh, no, you can put utility bills in your own name then, sorry, forgot that :)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re: Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7991

• Steve
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 1273
Mack, you don't even need a residents visa for utility bills in your own name! My friends just got their water and electric this morning with their passport and tapu.

By the way, we also tried to register them, at their address with the local council, like most residents. We were then told by the council, that foreigners must register at the police station. We went to the foreigners section there, where a very nice policeman explained that they don't even have to do that. Provided that their length of continuous stay in turkey does not exceed 3 months.

Re: Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 3 months ago #8410

• mekotech
  • Social Climber
  • Thank you received: 10
as far as i know the prices are based not on the amount of people who are resident in that country and how great they are for turkish people, but :

because of the 1 world war!!!!

who were on the side of turks (germany japan) have it cheap.
and as far as i know they still didnt change the rates after.
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds