Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Variations in residence permit prices

Bookmark and Share

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7908

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Look what I found hidden away on the antalya polis site! - www.antalya.pol.tr/index.php?option=com_...le&id=468&Itemid=685

Good deal if you're Japanese, or Italian!

(click pic to enlarge)

"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7917

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
  • Thank you received: 125
Aaaaah, so there is a "general price" but then some countries are exceptions to that general price, and it looks like the UK gets the worst of it.

Although, I don't see NZ on the list, and from what I've heard their permit is even more expensive than the UK one.

This is a very interesting list, Mack, thanks for finding that. I find it especially noteworthy that you get a discount for buying more time, i.e. a 5-year permit is less than 5 times the cost of a 1-year.

I've noticed that Turkish government tends to use the word "English" to mean anyone with a UK passport... I wonder how well a Scot or Welsh person would fare walking into the emniyet and insisting to pay the general price rather than the "English" price, on the basis that they are not actually English. :laugh:
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by melissamaples.

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7918

• Steve
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 1273
Not very well, I tried several times to insist that I'm not "english" and that in the wost case I should be classified as british, but it seems "english" is the generic term for british!
It's very annoying!

But there's no reason why Turkey should afford the brits any favours, My wife's employer (Turkish) is just in the process of applying for a visa to visit the uk on business, and so far, they have had to have 47 different documents translated and the list is rising! The process by all accounts is long and there is a high level of rejection for no reason (given).
At least here, if you pay a tenner on the door, you can come in!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7919

• Murkey
  • Caycı
Im sure if the Turks brought as much money into the UK economy as the Brits do/have done to Turkey (Through property and tourism) then the paperwork would magically disappear quickly!

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7927

• Steve
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 1273
I'm not so sure? Britain being as it is, doesn't even remove the requirement to have no borders in europe!
But I usually hear the cries for reciprocity? Surely we should demand that britain acts accordingly and allows Turkish citizens entry for a tenner at the door?
;)

Re:Variations in residence permit prices 9 years 4 months ago #7932

• Murkey
  • Caycı
The calls for reciprocity I think are mainly aimed at residency issues rather than tourist visa Steve but I agree for tourist/vistor visas, perhaps its the crap system in the UK that can keep track of every one of its own citizens, track their car journeys, know where they shop and intimate details of their movements but they cant find or track any illegal immigrants or criminals so if anyone decides to stay illegally then theyre screwed.

So I suppose theyve gone the other way and made it difficult to get in and risk you disappearing rather than actually getting a decent system in place within the borders!
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds