Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Private health insurance

Bookmark and Share

Private health insurance 9 years 2 months ago #8614

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
  • Thank you received: 125
Does anyone have a private health insurance policy that they recommend? I want something that covers hospital visits, of course, but I'm not as concerned about cover for things like prescription costs or dentistry or casual GP visits. It's just me on my own, no family, no pre-existing conditions. I'm in good nick.

Basically, if I get knocked down by a car or somesuch (which, let's face it, is more likely here than other places :-D ), I just want to be able to go to the hospital and concentrate on my physical health, and not be panicking about who's going to pay for it all.

I've heard nightmare stories about people who got policies with certain insurance companies, and then found that when the hospital bill came, the insurance made some excuse not to pay up. Anyone have any clues as to which companies are reliable and which are more slippery? Is it a safe idea to get some kind of Turkish insurance, or should I stick with a European company?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Private health insurance 9 years 2 months ago #8615

• melissamaples
  • Pasha
  • Thank you received: 125
Update - I've done a little research and come up with this, but unfortunately I'm not great at understanding the differences in the policies. If anyone could comment on Acibadem's coverage that would be great.

Re: Private health insurance 9 years 2 months ago #8619

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
Hi Melissa,

Firstly I don't know of any insurance company that likes to pay out,it always seem to be oneway traffic with them,you pay THEY DON'T.So it brings up the question is it really worth the while having insurance?

If so then as a foriegner I personally would prefer going for the european companies for the simple fact that in the event of a major ''Accident'' they will send an air ambulance and get you to the country of orıgın for 'proper' medical care (similiar to abroad holiday insurance).Naturally it all depends on what your actually after and how much you are prepared to pay but do your homework and read the fine print before signing up:).
GOOD LUCK

Re: Private health insurance 9 years 2 months ago #8620

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
Hi Melissa,

I've been working with Anadolu Sigorta since 1990. They have all my files for life insurance, health insurance, car insurance, house insurance and I'm very happy with them. OK, my connection office is in Istanbul and they know me (nearly half of my life time... Still I can recommend this company cause it's a part of Is Bank (which is one of the oldest bank of Turkey). Everybody says if Is Bank bankrupts it means Turkey bankrupts...That's why I trust these guys and can say that they always payback -relative- quickly.
They have the regional branch here at Konyaalti. Just check it out.
Good luck!
Aysun
:)
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Aysun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , melissamaples

Re: Private health insurance 9 years 2 months ago #8663

Hi,

I have private health insurance from ACI BADEM for 2 years now. My policy covers only hospitalisation, not minor sickness like a flew. The price varies with the age of the insured.

Personally, I had nothing to clame (thank god ;-) untill now. A few of my neighbours have and were quite happy with the service.

Regards and stay healty ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: , melissamaples
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds