Keyword

TOPIC: 2011 Residency Info and fees

Bookmark and Share

2011 Residency Info and fees 9 years 1 week ago #9868

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
From UK FCO website:-

Residency Permits are obtained AFTER arrival in Turkey.

Formal application must be made to the police authorities in the province where you reside, or to the Aliens department of the Police in Ankara, if no fixed abode in Turkey is intended. HOWEVER, well BEFORE your departure from the UK, you should contact the Turkish Embassy in London for information about residency requirements and for information about importation of your personal effects, household goods or car.
Please access the website Turkish Consulate, London for further details.
A residence permit is an absolute necessity before you can clear any personal goods/car from Turkish Customs. Therefore an application for a residence permit must be made within one one month from the date of your arrival in Turkey.
Failure to do so will result in additional daily storage costs for your goods/car by the Turkish Customs Authorities, which can be expensive.
On first application, residence permits may be issued for a two-year period, thereafter for a maximum of five years at any one time.
Residence Permit Fees are calculated on the following basis

2011 Residency permit fees for British Nationals

12 months GBP 370
24 months GBP 730
36 months GBP 1090
48 months GBP 1450
60 months GBP 1810

Residency permit book is TL 149

British citizens will be charged £40 for the first month + £30/month for consecutive months.

The fees will be converted to TL at the day of payment using official exchange rate.

ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-britis...ls/living-in-turkey/
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2011 Residency Info and fees 9 years 1 week ago #9869

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
WTF! So you cant get the permit till AFTER coming to Turkey, we're living in Turkey, using and earning Lira but the cost will vary for us (and at the moment its soaring up) because of the exchange rate! They're issued from Turkey! Why does this make me suspicious? Methinks the UK government and Reggie have a little deal going on.

Id like to start charging my business activities in sterling too if I could away with such blatant daylight robbery.

Uff yaaah, this coffin has so many nails its getting very heavy.
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds