ar en de ru tr
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: General advıce etc needed

Bookmark and Share

General advıce etc needed 9 years 3 days ago #9973

• andibrad
Hı everyone. Myself and partner Chloe arrıved ın A ntalya last week and areseekıng the usual sound advıce etc.. Chloe is lookıng for teachıng work primarıly and myself have many years experience around the world ın restauarant\bar game. I also have extensıve experıence ın event management - last event was Cırque du Soleıl at Royal Albert Hall. So any tıps and leads would be apprecıated.

Next we would lıke an ıdea on apartment rental - what ıs an average prıce for one bedroom? monthly outgoıngs etc. good areas and the lıke and fınally any recommendations for good places to have a beer and meet fellow expats.

Thanks a lot guys and appreciate all replies and help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: General advıce etc needed 9 years 3 days ago #9975

• Niko
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi guys, well this'll be the cut down version of advice, any questions of course I can add some more later..

So the best place to look for accommodation is probably

www.hurriyetemlak.com/english/

A good price can be as low as 400TL a month (if you're lucky) and up to 600 or 700TL month depending on area age facilities etc.

Most expats probably live in Konya Alti
when you are searching on the emlak site this is from the farthest out
liman (a bit far out if you want to take a bus in to the 'centre' between baceli evler and dogu garag (where a lot of language schools are)

hurma
gursu
altinkum (a bit more expensive being a bit closer in near beach park)

but really it all depends where you get work... if you can manage to sort that out before you decide on a flat to rent then that's better...

the other side of the city from dedeman (expensive) to fener etc. is nice but you are on cliffs not direct access to the sea (mostly)....

isiklar and kele ici are other very central options

another option at this time of year is monthly hotels (can get some goo deeals at this time of year)

monthly outgoings it varies but
lets say rent 600 (for a niceish one bed place 1+1 or even 2+1)
but more for a furnished place or a place with all the white goods...
(all depends how long you are planning to stay... in the long term betting your own white goods and furniture and cheaper rent works out cheaper, but it it is hard work.... getting it all sorted...)

quick ref on the emlak site
beyaz esya = white goods fridge washing machine etc.
mobilyali = with furniture (can vary a lot)

aydat (maintenance fee) between 50 and 100 probaly
water (not much)
electric hmm depends on how much you use (klima etc.)minimum about 50 i winter or summer could easily be 100TL per month...

as for work...
teaching.... there are a few posts about that have a search on teaching for some useful info...
but bottom line is that Antalya (not the most professional organised place to work)... and don't believe what they offer you... very often the promises of what you are offered far outweigh the reality or sometimes bear no relation to it.
As for event management... sorry to be harsh but hows your Turkish??
all I can suggest is talking to the better hotels there might be opportnities who knows...

And sorry to be negative, but really if you want to get a grip on Antalya as a foreigner, imagine being in Southern Italy, take away the professionalism and the benefit of being in the EU and having the associated rights and protections...
definitely buyer beware on everytihng...

but on the flip side there are lots of kind hospitable friendly people and we have the sea and the monuntains...
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Aysun, andibrad

Re: General advıce etc needed 9 years 3 days ago #9976

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
Hi Andy and Chloe,

Welcome to Antalya, to AE, to our second family :)

Thank you for the introduction!

Niko has written pretty good advices. I'd recommend you the same...to exchange the experiences with our members here.

While you are starting a new life here; beware of the words, promises and do whatever you do... Written!

I don't wanna give you a negative prejudice or scare you but just open your eyes/ears and don't trust people "too" easy...Coz so many people call you "Arkadas" (Friend) very easily...

Just behave normal and feel free to contact us whenever you need any help.

We have our "legal eagle" Ceyda here and you can learn all the formal issues from her. Stay online and take a look at the Ceyda's info board.

I wish you a beautiful life in Antalya....and yesss, as Niko has already mentioned about it...we have sea+mountain+forest+history...all together :)

Enjoy Antalya :)

Aysun
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com
Last Edit: 9 years 3 days ago by Aysun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , andibrad

Re: General advıce etc needed 9 years 2 days ago #9979

• lem
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Andy and Chloe
I guess it was you that bookshop Kemal just brought round to my house. Feel free to call round again - Wed pm is probably best - I'm off work at the moment - and Tez (husband) should be around too - if you want any help. We have been here for over 5 years now. Depending on what kind of teaching you are looking for - I may be able to help.
otherwise - The Ayyas bar - turn left past kemal's on Wed evening 7 onwards is a good place to meet other expats.

Lem

Re: General advıce etc needed 9 years 2 days ago #9980

• andibrad
Hı Lem
Yes that was us, sorry to barge in but Kemal just took off! Anyway that would be great so ıf ok wıll call by tomorrow pm.

Andy

Re: General advıce etc needed 9 years 2 days ago #9981

• andibrad
Cheers Nıco

Good advıce, I know a faır bıt about these kınd of relocatıons having lıved abroad these past 20 odd years and as you know everywhere has ıts dıfferent quırks etc so always good to get good ınfo from the lıkes of you guys who lıve here. Anyway Lem suggested Ayyas bar tomorrow nıght so maybe see you for a drınk ıf you are around. Thanks agaın.

Andy and Chloe
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds