Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: How to get your dog out of Turkey

Bookmark and Share

How to get your dog out of Turkey 8 years 2 months ago #13654

• vremsbottom
  • Thank you received: 8
and into the (some countries in the )EU

1. Rabies vaccine (Make sure you have the certificate and rabies vaccine label)
2. Microchipped with an ISO Compatible microchip. This MUST be entered into the Turkish Vet system (‘registering’) by your vet.
3. At least 30 days after the rabies vaccient...Blood sample tested at Ankara lab for rabies vaccine (your vet should know where to send it). Must wait 3 months to leave Turkey after this has been completed and you receive the certificate.
4. When you are ready to leave Turkey, go to your local municipality vet. They will fill out a form stating the microchip, breed, and various other things. THEN
5. Take the rabies certificate, microchip info, paper from the municipality, certificate of blood test, and your dog (which needs to wait outside) to the Ministry of Agriculture (across from the Calli Emnyiet) to the Government Vet. He will fill out the EU form after seeing all the paperwork.

*As of January 2012, England should be abiding by these rules as well and NOT require quarantine. Woooohooo. Be prepared for a lot of perhaps wrong info to sites about dog travel (even goverment sites) because this is a big change and has implications for importing to other Rabies Free countries such as New Zealand and Australia. I am not sure how they will handle it. Tripple check all information for importing into rabies free countries by contacting the governement. They usually have a vet at major airports.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey, boabnmay

Re: How to get your dog out of Turkey 8 years 2 months ago #13658

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
That's incredibly helpful information Veronica, thank you very much, will be using that myself soon I reckon, hope you and the mutt ;) have great fun travelling :puppy
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Re: How to get your dog out of Turkey 8 years 2 months ago #13660

• vremsbottom
  • Thank you received: 8
No problem. I am happy to share any and all pup related experiences. The airline Alitalia has been the VERY best so far in regards to everything from confirming a dog on a flight to letting Maya come in the shuttle cage free. I am very pleased with this airline.

Re: How to get your dog out of Turkey 8 years 2 months ago #13665

• itir_al
  • Hoca
  • Thank you received: 79
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey, boabnmay
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds