• Page:

TOPIC: Looking to buy a cat / kitten!

Bookmark and Share

Looking to buy a cat / kitten! 6 years 11 months ago #22305

• Leo1982
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi there!

We finally decided to buy a cat!
So now we are looking for a nice breed, like Scottish, and preferrably a kitten, a boy.

We have visited today some petshops in Antalya, but i don' like it that they can't really show you or tell you something, and they mainly are overpriced as well (1000 lira for a kitten?)

There was a lady who told us to search on internet for a farm and they will contact them about it, but I prefer to search from this way, so hopefully there is someone out there who knows someone with kittens, that we would be happy to give a new home :-)

Thanks! Leonie Serban
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Looking to buy a cat / kitten! 6 years 11 months ago #22307

• Annie
I'm sorry, I don't know you but how can you look for a cat TO BUY when there are so many that need a loving home living on the streets, about to die?
Looks like you have no idea where you put this request, as most of us here are trying to save the street animals and are trying to STOP pet shops from selling animals bred in 'puppy mills'

Please think again before joining that animal mafia.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

Re: Looking to buy a cat / kitten! 6 years 11 months ago #22309

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Yeah, I'll bow out of this one too, I will just say that given the poisonings and shootings of cats in Antalya, hope you keep your expensive asset safe!

Much better to adopt one of the huge number of wonderful street cats and be part of the solution of the street animal problem in Antalya rather than supporting one of the main causes of the problem.

I hope you get some advice you wanted here but most of us are active animal rescuers so its probably the wrong place to get the kind of help you want.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Murkey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , funda

Looking to buy a cat / kitten! 6 years 11 months ago #22318

• Leo1982
  • Thank you received: 8
Yeah, reading your comments i understood you guys are pretty active animal rescuers.
But i think you did not understand my request, we are looking for a cat, and looking for another way to get it then from a petshop cause i dont like how they work. So we wanted to check from here for advise on other opportunities, and we are willing to pay.
Anyway thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Looking to buy a cat / kitten! 6 years 11 months ago #22319

• Annie
Leonie,

I'd like to recommend 2 people who are taking care of cats (some of which are kittens who will be spayed asap). These people are taking in these cats and try to find good homes for them.

One (final) word on the 'business' of animals here: if people are asking for/ demanding money for an animal: walk away. They are not caring for animals, they are just making money. I don't know if you ever saw an Oprah episode on puppy mills but this is exactly what happens here.

www.myspace.com/video/dog-gone-awesome/o...puppy-mills/41423242

Do you ever wonder how those baby bunnies sold at the Migros bridge stay so young? They don't. They kill them when they get too old.

Anyway, please let me know if you would like to get the phone number for these people who are caring for cats. I'll send their details in a private message if you like.

Looking to buy a cat / kitten! 6 years 11 months ago #22320

• Annie
Please use your money for the food and care of the cat ;)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds