Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: No Bullshit Property Buying Guide

Bookmark and Share

No Bullshit Property Buying Guide 7 years 5 months ago #13842

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Absolutely WH, its taken me years to find out the correct procedures and having been an Emlak (I know I know :shy and still am legally, PLanB Emlak Turism Ltd. Sti!) I know most of the pitfalls but most emlaks are reluctant to tell the bad stuff too, not here, as long as you know what to do and where to go and have done your research you neednt be worried.

If you know what you have to do, don't trust anyone who may have an agenda or will profit from you believing them in any way (if its contrary to the rules and regs here) and if you are stubborn :) You can find some beautiful bargains and get your place in the sun but please read everything you can here and research before parting with a Kurus, or go ahead and ask questions here!

All this info is open and unbiased and here to be refuted, amended or changed as necessary, its not an unchanging list of so called buying steps that no one is able to comment on and Im sure if I step too far from the mark Ceyda will set me straight anyway :)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Belgianinturkey

No Bullshit Property Buying Guide 7 years 5 months ago #13850

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
:applaud Great explanation!
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

No Bullshit Property Buying Guide 7 years 5 months ago #13853

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
Excellent work Mack :applaud

No Bullshit Property Buying Guide 7 years 4 months ago #14078

• Murkey
  • Caycı
Generally you should never give (or need to give) POA (Power of Attorney) to anyone for anything, be very very careful if you decide to do this and I suggest if you must have one then only ever give POA to a trusted lawyer (apologies for using an oxymoron ;) ).

Also steer clear of any so-called agent that:-

a) Has a "public" email address ie: gmail, hotmail, windowslive etc, reputable agents and developers will have their own website/domain name and an email address there.

b) Wont give you their office/land line number or wont give you their registered company details, at least dealing with a limited company affords you a little protection. You can always check the registration with the Antalya (or whichever provinces) chamber of commerce.

c) Has a business card with more than 2 occupations on it ie: Real Estate/Car Hire/Waiter/Childrens entertainer ......
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Murkey.

No Bullshit Property Buying Guide 7 years 2 months ago #15656

• Murkey
  • Caycı
Just another quick note, it seems the authorities are really starting to clamp down on wrongly declared values on the TAPU, if you have a lower value on the TAPU than you paid then please contact your builder or a lawyer to get it amended.

If you don't then given that you wont be now able to fudge the figures, you will have to declare the real full purchase price then you capital gains tax calculation will be based on the difference between what it says on the TAPU you bought the place for (in most cases a LOT lower than the real purchase price) and the real sales price you will need to put on the new TAPU, the builder get away with loads of sales tax and you get stiffed on CG!

No Bullshit Property Buying Guide 7 years 2 months ago #15692

• funda
  • Hoca
  • Thank you received: 200
Two years ago, I helped a British couple (very good friends of ours) to buy a property in Antalya. The whole process went very smoothly - the military clearance took less than 3 months and the builders agent organized the whole clearance on behalf of the buyers for a very reasonable fee. Before the clearance we drew up and signed a contract with the builder stating that the builder would return the deposit (10% of the buying price) back to the buyers should the military clearance did not go through. (İt may worth to do a contract involving the notary to make sure it is legally binding) The buyers were told they needed to have a certified translator during tapu procedures, which they did. May be we were very lucky as there were no hiccaps at all but as Mack pointed out its best to enquire as much as possible before buying a property in Turkey as a foreigner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds