Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Traffic laws and "accidents"

Bookmark and Share

Traffic laws and "accidents" 6 years 4 months ago #25290

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
We all know the standard of Antalya drivers skill in general is abysmal, even the Turks acknowledge Antalya as one of the rudest and most dangerous places in Turkey to drive!

I gave up posting "accident" news ages ago (I hate that term, 90% of "accidents here are 100% avoidable with 1% thought) because of there being so many but I think its important to show the results of letting your guard down for one minute or for not being completely alert when on the roads here. Ill just add the pics here in this thread on the day they happen, hopefully it will encourage a bit more alertness and if you think its "gods will" or "Allahs will" I hope you can explain that to the families of the others that may get killed too!

Please drive for them as well as yourself, anticipate, be completely alert to everything around you all the time, when you start to let your guard down, answer your phone, drift off, things like this happen :(

Today, first rains for a while, slippery roads and people that dont adjust their driving style or speed in such conditions ....

Namık Kemal Bulvarı, Antalya, early hours of 22.11.13

"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Murkey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Traffic laws and "accidents" 6 years 4 months ago #25302

• Murkey
  • Caycı
A lorry driver took a bend too quickly in Alanya last night, lost control after hitting the concrete barrier and overturned his truck carrying tons of pomegranates, juice anyone? The driver had minor injuries and luckily didn't hit anyone else.

The following user(s) said Thank You: , Belgianinturkey

Traffic laws and "accidents" 6 years 3 months ago #25352

• Murkey
  • Caycı
A 19 year old boy who was just about to start his military service was riding around Kepez last night on a bike with no lights and didnt see a bus, he was hit and dragged under the bus, passengers called 112 but the boy was dead when they arrived.

Traffic laws and "accidents" 6 years 3 months ago #25400

• Murkey
  • Caycı

Traffic laws and "accidents" 6 years 3 months ago #25436

• joseph
  • Hoca
  • Thank you received: 82
,This AKP lot seem up for some dollar, if they start to enforce the road laws ,hefty fines, prison ect ect ,trafic cop bonus schemes ect ect ...it may take a few years to grind the message ,,hey who knows they might even indicate whilst passing on the inside.İ dread to think the levels you need to drive here ....just seems you go to Migros fill a form and rev off into the sunset....i only drive a few kilometres per day ,,,,its a complete joke the oblivious attitude of 90 percent of drivers .....we could go on and on ,yours one very very scared Driver .
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Traffic laws and "accidents" 6 years 3 months ago #25463

• Murkey
  • Caycı
3 People died in Manavgat when the driver was going too fast for a bend, overshot and flew into a canal, none were wearing seatbelts and all died, the car and bodies had to be dragged out of a filthy drainage canal.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds