Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Traffic laws and "accidents"

Bookmark and Share

Traffic laws and "accidents" 5 years 4 months ago #26314

• Clarecg
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 252
I'm so pleased I don't work for the emergency services here. Must be the most soul destroying job being called out to so many unneccesary accidents and dealing with the aftermath.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Traffic laws and "accidents" 5 years 2 weeks ago #26484

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
I more or less gave up updating this thread as there's so many sad and unnecessary "accident" stories in Antalya each day but this one from yesterday is particularly harrowing and hopefully can make someone think about getting a taxi after drinking.

Despite the terrible carnage seen in the pictures only 1 person died (the front seat passenger), the driver and 2 others were injured when the drunk driver was speeding, lost control and hit a roadside post with such force the engine was found 4 meters away from the car.

Luckily its was at 04:30 on empty roads and the idiot didn't end up killing any more innocent people, please dont drink and drive (even if Burasi Turkiye) and dont get in a car with anyone that does?!

Remember the law states that if you have passengers in the car you must have ZERO alcohol in your blood!

"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"

Traffic laws and "accidents" 4 years 11 months ago #26559

• Murkey
  • Caycı
I know its not Antalya but ... a bus flew of a bridge in Ankara, 12 injured, 2 in serious condition.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Loreley

Traffic laws and "accidents" 4 years 11 months ago #26560

• Loreley
  • Pasha
  • Appreciate the now!
  • Thank you received: 203
Horrible, horrible.... but no wonder, considering the 'trafik canavarlar' .... I like driving, but I've never driven a car in Antalya, I'm just too scared. I sometimes don't even feel safe on the bus, I just can't understand the behaviour in traffic... so sad ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murkey

Traffic laws and "accidents" 4 years 11 months ago #26569

• Murkey
  • Caycı

In Güzeloba, Antalya at 02:40 this morning a drunk driver of Ukranian nationality ploughed his car into a pastry shop when speeding and losing control on a corner killing a member of staff working in the shop.

The driver and 2 passengers were injured and taken to hospital with another staff member who was pinned with the dead man behind a metal counter when the car smashed through the shopfront.

Traffic laws and "accidents" 4 years 11 months ago #26575

• Murkey
  • Caycı
Highway massacre on way home from wedding in southern Turkey

At least seven people, including six women, were killed and 10 others were wounded in a traffic accident in Turkey's southern Osmaniye province.

According to initial reports, the accident occurred when a bus collided with a truck on the Tarsus-Adana-Gaziantep highway.

The injured were taken to several hospitals in Gaziantep and Osmaniye provinces and at least three victims were reported to be in critical condition.

SOURCE
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds