• Page:

TOPIC: Bit of a rant

Bookmark and Share

Bit of a rant 3 years 2 months ago #26962

• Clarecg
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 252
Dear Mehmet/Mustafa/Ali/Ahmet or whatever your damn name is

I have been in Turkey long enough now to realise that you all have a basic inability to put rubbish where it's supposed to go. For your information it's the bin.... There are enough of them on every street and they are emptied regularly by the local council. You are not required to even sort out your rubbish before putting in aforementioned receptacle. Just imagine if you had to put different things into several different boxes - general rubbish, garden rubbish, paper, plastic, glass ......

Ahhh Glass now why oh why can you not just put your empty beer, soda, pop bottles in either a bin or return those with a deposit to a shop. See some companies even try to help you by giving you cash (OK not much) towards your next drink with them. Noooo you can't just leave the bottles you have to smash them and I guess you get great satisfaction from throwing them as well. Maybe the government should look at getting bottle banks with a target area so you can fulfill your desire to throw and smash them but in a controlled area. Much better than just lobbing them out of the car window as you go past.

I am writing this while I try to stem the blood pouring from my foot having accidentally trodden on a piece of glass that actually went through the sole of my Croc to stab me.

Then there's more. My dogs and I were coming home after a lovely walk the other day when I noticed Max was not walking well. My first thought was he had stepped on some of your broken glass and I was planning the vet visit etc. On closer inspection he had a huge gob of chewing gum stuck to his paw plus various bits and pieces he had picked up along the way including those damn sunflower seed husks you seem incapable of leaving anywhere except the floor, the street, the table, the bus, the cinema..... Several ice cubes later and a lot of basic Anglo Saxon language and it seems to be OK. Why do you have to spit your gum (and other things) on the pavement??

I was going to mention your picnic remains but don't think my blood pressure could stand it. :wallbash

Now while I applaud your intentions at leaving out food for the street animals would you please a) leave suitable food - not many animals eat tomato soup and b) next time you leave something clear up the last offering. I have a group here that 'feed' and seem to think if it wasn't eaten 8 hours ago it may be wanted later. No it won't. I cleared up several offerings that were actually moving.

You have a beautiful country but why Oh why can you not try to preserve that. You want to claim parts of it when it suits you. I was rather startled by a naked man this morning. Now his lack of clothes didn't shock me. I was a nurse and have seen more penises than a prostitute. I was shocked at his attitude that the river was his to perform his toilette in and that the particular area in question was his own private patch. Apparently the dogs and I had no right to be there....... and he did in all his glory?!! I actually hesitate to call it glory :S Must admire his guts though to rant and rave at me naked as the day he was born without his teeth in while the dogs barked at him. Maybe he just has no pride.

Yours
A very grumpy old tart

p.s. rant now over until I next venture out
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murkey

Bit of a rant 3 years 2 months ago #26963

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Wow! You had a rough day huh? Hope your foot is better now Clare.

What a nightmare, sounds foul, mind you when the Polis dont seem to give a shit about anything but issuing fines and tickets rather than keeping "law and order" (law! ha ha ha) then I fear this will only get worse, all us long term EU expats know the disgusting rubbish problems (its put me off ever going to lake salda again - antalyacentral.com/places-to-go/lake-salda ) but to have that kind of stuff on your doorstep is horrible.

And yes, why, for dogs sake, do they just have to smash glass bottles? It seems a childish destructive streak and yet its the same everywhere, maybe its a genetic thing and the noise gives them orgasms?

Perhaps the Zabita could do something about it? I would certainly say it falls under their remit of "health and safety" enforcement, have you tried calling them?
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarecg, Loreley

Bit of a rant 3 years 2 months ago #26964

• Loreley
  • Pasha
  • Appreciate the now!
  • Thank you received: 203
Have you really used the word 'do' or 'do something about it', I mean who, really who? is doing something about this rubbish EVERYWHERE???
I can't, won't and DON'T want to get used to it :wallbash :wallbash BUT WHAT CAN WE DO???
As long as most parents here aren't capable of educating their children about this, because they don't give a sh** about it themselves ................ nothing, really NOTHİNG will ever change :ranting :ranting :ranting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murkey, Clarecg

Bit of a rant 3 years 2 months ago #26965

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Yes, I agree but broken glass is a bit different, just tell em a tourist kid just fell and got sliced and they may call some cleaners for the glass at least :)

Mainly I was thinking of the Zabita trying to catch disgusting naked men peeing in rivers in the middle of a busy city!

:noclue ::help :der
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarecg, Loreley

Bit of a rant 3 years 2 months ago #26966

• Clarecg
  • Sultan
Thanks Mack but last time I called the Zabita it was a total waste of time as they were related to the guys with the illegal roadside slaughter tent just across the road to my house. As far as I could gather they put in their order and shared a cuppa with them...... May give it a try though as I am getting a bit worried about the fires they make for cooking though, particularly at this time of year.

As you say the Polis don't give a monkey's. They actually sit for hours on end right where all this happens with their speed trap gun. Then you get the over zealous ones like when I went to report my car being hit who wanted to know if any of my students could have a grudge against me. I teach Kindergarten age!!!

I doubt anything is going to change this behaviour - it's far too deeply rooted now. Bit like trying to push treacle up a hill. Anyway don't think the man will be using that particular part of the river as a bathroom again!! It does at least explain all the scattered clothes along the river we come across.
Foot is OK - more a swift stab due to the protection of a thick sole. Bled a lot but nothing too serious.
I just sometimes (well often actually) think 'You couldn't bloody write it'. I think today I had just had enough of what to others is normal behaviour cos my foot hurt and it was hot and I'm a miserable old cow!!! Oh and my Maz grizzled and moaned throughout the gum removal operation!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murkey, Loreley

Bit of a rant 3 years 2 months ago #26967

• Clarecg
  • Sultan
Murkey wrote:
Yes, I agree but broken glass is a bit different, just tell em a tourist kid just fell and got sliced and they may call some cleaners for the glass at least :)

Mainly I was thinking of the Zabita trying to catch disgusting naked men peeing in rivers in the middle of a busy city!

:noclue ::help :der

Mack he wasn't just peeing he was having a full on strip wash :ohmy: :unsure: As I say it's a good job I'm not a sensitive soul. Must admit I found it hard to be fierce and shout when all I wanted to do was point and laugh. Perhaps you thought I was being refined saying performing his toilette. I meant he was having a morning wash!! Teach me to be posh! If he'd been having a dump I'd have said so...

I think some of the homeless have set up camp nearby..........
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.744 seconds