TOPIC: Butterfly park - no go area -

Bookmark and Share

Butterfly park - no go area - 5 years 1 month ago #27497

• Loreley
  • Pasha
  • Appreciate the now!
  • Thank you received: 203
What a shame this butterfly park in Kundu is :thumbdown

A friend of mine went there last year and told me she hadn't seen more than 3 butterflies :arghhh but I wanted to see it myself now...
Well, it really IS very disappointing.... It's just one small poorly designed green house and yes, you CAN see SOME butterflies flying around, there's some relaxing music, but I had expected something else...
I had seen the billboards and heard that they have the Atlas butterfly, one of the largest butterflies in the world. There were two of them in a closed area behind glass, where they also keep all the chrysalises.
As I was watching this interesting phenomenon, a photographer asked me if I wanted to have a picture of myself with the Atlas butterfly ..... for 20 TL ........ I couldn't believe it.
But what happened next really shocked me.... a family with kids wanted to have their picture taken WİTH the Atlas butterfly, so the woman who apparently had to take CARE of them tried to take it and the butterfly fell on its back :ranting, she tried to take it again, succeeded and put it on one of the people. The wings of the poor butterfly were in a bad condition.
I can go on and on .......about the two parrots in the small cage .....and ....... and ........... and...... unbelievably sad ............

None of the bus drivers knew where the butterfly park was.... If you would like to go there, you can take bus 7 and get off the bus at the Asat building, it's BEFORE the hotels on the right side. Cross the main road and enter the small road, after a 10 minute walk you'll see the Kelebek parkı, it's next to a horse club in the middle of nowhere ...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murkey

Butterfly park - no go area - 5 years 4 weeks ago #27498

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
:laugh:

Completely agree with you, I went just after the official opening last year and wrote this :-

antalyacentral.com/attractions/butterfly-park

:arghhh
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
Last Edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by Murkey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loreley

Butterfly park - no go area - 5 years 4 weeks ago #27499

• Loreley
  • Pasha
  • Appreciate the now!
  • Thank you received: 203
I was really shocked, but nobody seemed to care :noclue

Butterflies have a very short lifespan, but in this 'park' it's a very sad short life... :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murkey
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds