Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Best residential area

Bookmark and Share

Best residential area 7 years 9 months ago #24624

• docnoya
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi everybody!

We have arrived! This place is beautiful, but the heat is draining my energy. :p

My fiance's job is in a resort in Kiris. We have checked the nearest residential area - Kemer. It is quite nice, the houses are pretty and the commercial area around the houses seem adequate. Looks like a nice place to live. But my fiance's Turkish friends don't recommend the place. They said it looks good now because it's summer, but come winter, everything closes. They said I will be super bored there.

I've checked Konyaalti online, looks like it's nice too (near the beach). I've checked Lara too, it looks like the best area, but unfortunately it's too far from Kiris.

Do you guys know of a good real estate agent that could offer his/her service in looking for a suitable place to live? Not necessarily in a posh area, but in a safe area.

Any advice from you guys will be highly appreciated. :)

For now we are living like vacationers in the resort. I don't need to cook and go to the grocers, but since I really really miss my dog already, I'd like to move out of this resort soon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Best residential area 7 years 9 months ago #24625

• Murkey
  • Caycı
  • Thank you received: 2707
Kemer is a ghost town in the winter :) but depending on what you like that might not be a bad thing :) Probably the best alternative is a place in Konyaalti in the Liman or Hurma Mah. Then there will be easy access for the buses on the Antalya - Kemer road and also closer to town and things to do. Lara would be silly, at rush hour it can take 1 hour plus to get from Lara to Konyaalti let alone on to Kemer as well but liman and hurma are nice places to live with cheaper rents than Lara too :)

Just my opinion of course :)
"Because none of us are as cruel as all of us"
The following user(s) said Thank You: , docnoya

Best residential area 7 years 9 months ago #24626

• docnoya
  • Thank you received: 20
Thanks Mack! You sure know a lot about this place. You should be elected as mayor or governor or something for Antalya! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Murkey

Best residential area 7 years 9 months ago #24629

• tanju
  • Sultan
  • Thank you received: 606
Hi docnoya,
Welcome to Antalya :) .I totally agree with Mack although I'd like to add Gürsu Mah (Konyaaltı) to the list also.I've lived in the area for 9 years and absolutely love it.
Just a word of advice before renting.....
1) Check who your neighbours will be (assuming you will be renting an apartment ) especially living above and below you.The walls are paper thin here so look out for potential noise makers.
2) Make sure a contract is made out between you and the owner as cash in hand can cause complications later on.
3) Hidden costs (Apartment or site maintenance (called aidat ) is usually not told.The fee is monthly and varies depending on what services are offered ).

Good Luck :)

ps Mack for Governor?......Hell yeah why not :) .......only problem is Mack .is no good at lieing :P LOL

Best residential area 7 years 9 months ago #24632

• ajt
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi there
If you are interested in Konyaalti Liman / Hurma area then I have FF 2 bed apartment to rent just available
Please pm for further details
Good luck with your search
Many thanks
Andrea

Best residential area 7 years 9 months ago #24634

• Aysun
  • Patron
  • Think Positive
  • Thank you received: 1964
Hi Docnoya :)

Welcome to AC and welcome to Antalya :flower

I agree with other friends. Konyaaltı area is better than Lara side and yes, Kemer can be very boring in winter.....but still, it depends on what kind of life style you like. If you like very calm/quiet life, Kemer in winter can be nice for you (but very touristic in summer).

I just want to add one important point; you should make it clear with the landlord about your Zoey :puppy Unfortunately landlords in Turkey are not very pet-friendly :(

I hope you can join one of our gatherings soon and we can have a coffee :)
Love+Peace+Harmony=Aysun (✿◠‿◠) www.askaysun.com
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Aysun.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds